Last Modified: April 4, 2021
Prepare to Launch U
Site Guidelines (I)
Site Policies (II)
Additional Legal Terms (III)
Please read these site guidelines, site policies, and additional legal terms (collectively, the “Terms”) carefully before you start to use the PTLU Launchpad website (the “Site”). By using and/or registering with the Site, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms. If you do not want to agree to these Terms, you must not access or use Site.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
1. Guidelines for becoming part of the PTLU Community via Slack:
Greetings launchers! We are so happy you are here and look forward to connecting with you and your cohort via the community platform, Slack.
A private Slackspace will be set up exclusively for use by you and the other members of your semester’s cohorts. The platform is flexible; you control what and how much information you share, and when you share it. To ensure productive and safe interactions through Slack, we have assembled these three ground rules to be followed whenever you connect and interact with others through the Site:
- Respect: The whats, whens, hows, and whys of returning to work or changing careers are personal, and vary widely. While communicating with other launchers, show respect for their choices and their personal situations by supporting, encouraging, and offering only constructive criticism.
- Confidentiality: Participants in the PTLU community may share personal information about their lives and their feelings. Always honor this sharing by keeping it confidential. What is shared in our Slack group, stays there. In addition, any supplemental or complementary instructional PTLU materials posted on Slack are copyright protected and intended only for your use during the program, they are not to be copied, duplicated, or shared.
- Professionalism: Practice what you will be called on to demonstrate in the workplace by being professional in your interactions with others in Slack. Use the space only for its explicit purpose (connecting and sharing experiences with other launchers) and not for personal gain (selling a product), illegal actions (plagiarism, trafficking), or unsavory practices (harassment, profanity, pornography).
Prepare to Launch U was designed to help you successfully launch back to work - in a company or on your own; full-time or part-time; paid or unpaid - that best suits your life and your goals.
Taking the PTLU course does not guarantee success; there is no promise of job placement. That depends on YOU and how well you implement what you learn in this course.
2. Prepare to Launch U Site Policy
- You may not misrepresent yourself or others through impersonation or false claims.
- You may not use the Site to harass others via bullying, threatening, stalking, or intimidation.
- You may not use this Site or for any abusive or illegal purposes.
- You may not post content that is pornographic, violent, vulgar, or obscene.
- You may not use this Site to sell any products or services OR to promote your own business or service.
- You may not post links to other sites that market products and/or services similar to those provided by Prepare to Launch U.
- You may, however, share personal social media handles, links to social media groups or other social platforms via post on this Site.
- If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity.
- By posting, submitting, publishing, displaying, or otherwise transmitting content to this Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the content; and
- All your content does and will comply with these Terms.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not us, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We do not take ownership in any content to you upload to our Site, but you do grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, and distribute such material for the purposes of providing the Prepare to Launch U course.
- We have the right to remove or refuse to post any content for any reason or no reason in our sole discretion. Additionally, we may:
- take any action with respect to any content that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such content violates these Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the site or the public, or could create liability for us;
- disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site; or
terminateorsuspendyouraccesstoallorpartoftheSiteforanyornoreason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
- However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for the performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
3. Additional Legal Terms
These Terms are an important legal agreement between you and us so some of the language is necessarily “legalese,” but we have tried to make it as readable as possible.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- With the exception of user-generated content, the Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by the United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- These Terms permit you to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- You must not modify copies of any materials from this site without our permission or delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Site.
- No right, title, or interest in or to the Site or any content on the Site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by us. Any use of the Site not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
- Reliance on Information Posted on the Site; Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
- The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. For example, and without limiting the foregoing, although our program is designed to help you succeed in the marketplace, we cannot and do not guarantee that your use of Prepare to Launch U will result in job placement or job success.
- This Site includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these
materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect our opinion. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER US NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER US NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR OR OUR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY FAILURE TO OBTAIN A JOB), ANY SITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF US OR OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR LICENSORS,
SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO US IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- All matters relating to the Site and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Connecticut without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
- Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Site shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Connecticut although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- No waiver by us of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of us to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
The Prepare to Launch U Career Relaunch Course Money-Back Guarantee
We want you to be fully satisfied with our ten-week Prepare to Launch U Career Relaunch Course, and the best way to accomplish this is to fully engage in, and give your best effort to, all components and features of the course.
We are so confident that this Prepare to Launch U program will meet your needs that we offer a 14-day money-back guarantee on the course, governed by the following terms:
- You contact us by the 14th day of the course at 11:59 EST
- You provide screenshots of the completed pages in your course companion workbook, showing that you thoughtfully did the work for the period of time you were enrolled
- You participate in at least one of the first three video cohort calls
- You share with us, in writing, why our Career Relaunch Course was not a good fit for you - specifically what you expected to get out of the program that you did not get.
Your refund request must come by day 14 of the course cohort; no refunds will be offered beyond that point. After day 14, all payments are non-refundable and you are responsible for full payment of the fees for the program regardless of whether you complete it. This includes monthly payments if you opted for a payment plan.
Upon determining that you are entitled to a refund pursuant to this policy, Prepare to Launch LLC will promptly instruct its payment processor to issue the refund. If you pay in full, you will receive a full refund. If you choose to pay on a monthly payment plan, payment for month one will be refunded, and invoices for all future months will be terminated. We do not control the payment processor and therefore will not be able to expedite any refunds.
All refunds are discretionary as determined by Prepare to Launch LLC.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact us at: [email protected]. Thank you.